Thursday, June 26, 2014

Once or twice in a lifetime, everything just comes together as it should.

This is the house we moved into on Clarmeya Lane a few months ago. We're renting, but we'd like to live here perhaps forever.

Everything we own has found a place here- like these folding tables. 
And all of our books and records.

One day, Mei was playing with an old record of my late mother's.
Hidden inside the LP jacket...
was an original 1964 copy of the Rolling Stones first hit single.
The man who built this house lived here into his 90's. His name was Dan Marvovich.
So far, we've picked about 300 and given them away to friends. They are delicious.
Dan also liked to collect petrified wood, I think. I keep finding more all the time.

Dan left us two beautiful wooden desks.

Wanni's parents gave us their old couch. It's not old at all.
And our friend Rod had this table waiting for us in his garage.

I used to rent a piano. It would've cost $300 to move it.  Our neighbor Nora does not play piano. She offered to lend me hers.  I said yes.



Now, when my 88 year old grandma visits...


...old friends can play music for her.

Our daughter Mei had her 2nd birthday here.
Birthday girl.
Every morning we feed the chickens. Neither of us had ever raised chickens. But Dan left us a coop. When in Rome.
Dan also built a basement, which is extremely rare in Southern California.
I use it as a recording studio. Also, do you see the door to the left?
...I found it hiding in a corner of the basement. For some reason, Dan never installed it. So I did.

I also found these antlers behind a crawlspace door in the basement.
I hung the moose antlers in the barn out back which is our rehearsal space.
















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home